BLOW OUT (Criterion Collection BluRay)
In some exciting home entertainment news, Brian DePalma’s 1981 conspiracy-thriller masterpiece Blow Out is coming to the Criterion Collection in April! John Travolta stars as Jack Terry, an exploitation film audio engineer who witnesses the assassination of a politician one night while recording some outdoor sound effects. When the story is later covered up, Jack becomes obsessed with finding out the truth behind it all. Considered to be one of DePalma’s finest works, the story takes inspiration from earlier conspiracy thrillers such as Michaelangelo Antonioni’s Blow Up (1966) and true life political based incidents, in particular the accident at Chappaquidick. DePalma uses these themes as a starting point then injects new ideas mixed with his trademark stylized visuals and creates an exhilarating work of cinema.
NOTE: This is one of my favorite films so I’m really happy to see this title added to the Criterion catalog, and it should ship around the 26th! Click here to buy the Blu Ray from Boulevard Movies!
DVD EXTRA FEATURES:
* New, restored digital transfer, supervised by director Brian De Palma (with DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition)
* New hour-long interview with De Palma, conducted by filmmaker Noah Baumbach
* New interview with star Nancy Allen
* Cameraman Garrett Brown on the Steadicam shots featured in the film within the film
* Select on-set photos from photographer Louis Goldman
* Original theatrical trailer
* PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic Michael Sragow and Pauline Kael’s original New Yorker review.
No one wants to know about conspiracy any more! – Jack Terry
Buy now: From Amazon.com