Furious Film Fans present The Liebster Award
Furious Cinema would just like to thank our fellow film fanatic Aurora at Once Upon A Screen & Citizen Screenings for giving us our first blog award. We really appreciate this kind welcome to the movie blogging community. We are committed to celebrating film and our hope is to inspire movie lovers to watch and explore what’s out there whether it be new or old. The medium of film is an important part of our world, it brings us together and sparks our imaginations and dreams. If we can share just a little bit of appreciation for it with our reviews and articles that is a great, positive thing for us!
What is the Liebster Blog Award?
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite”. This award is the “favorite blog award” then. The rules for this one state that you answer the 11 questions asked of you by the Blogger who gave you this award.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them. I think letting people know on Twitter is cool.
6. NO TAG BACKS.
11 Things About Me
1. I like to cook/am a food geek.
2. I was born and raised in Massachusetts.
3. I’ve drawn cartoons since a young age and got in trouble in school a few times because of it.
4. I’m the youngest of five children.
5. I’ve traveled to Florida, California, Colorado, Virginia, Nevada.
6. When I set out to do something I try to do it the best I can.
7. I’ve been online since 1999.
8. I’m a longtime film fan (obviously)
9. I once had a box staple yanked through my finger by my dog.
10. As a kid I loved doing spoofs of classic TV Show opening credits w/ original music on home video.
11. I’ve never been good at doing these kinds of personal lists.
11 Questions from Citizen Screen
1. Name a popular, classic film star you think is overrated: Will Smith
2. All-time favorite classic film performance male and female. Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird and Olivia DeHavilland in The Heiress.
3. Gotham City or a galaxy far, far away? A galaxy far far away, Id rather go someplace fantastic than stay in reality.
4. What question would you ask your favorite film director, living or dead? I’d ask them what theyre obsessed with most about the world of movies.
5. Why did you start a blog? We started FC to celebrate some of our favorite non-exploitation films (I also have a site called The Deuce which covers just b-movies)
6. You woke up this morning and are living in a classic film noir. Who are you and in which film? I’d wake up in Kiss Me Deadly and be Mike Hammer I think hes one of the coolest characters and I think that world is very exciting.
7. One skill you wish you had. I wish I could be a great raconteur.
8. Most underrated film actor: David Strathairn
9. What is your all-time favorite book character? I’ve never been a huge reader but I’d say Tom Joad in John Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath, which I read in high school.
10. If you can go to any year, when would you go to and why? I’d go into the future because I already know about the past so it wouldn’t be as interesting. Plus I’d like to see all the technological advances.
11. How different would our classic film community/experience be today without Turner Classic Movies (TCM)? I think all film fans owe an immense amount of thanks to TCM because if not for that network most of us wouldn’t be as well schooled in cinema as we are. They’ve introduced myself and others to tons of classic films over the years. It’s simply a very important part of our artistic culture, it’s like PBS educational programming for cineastes.
11 Questions For Bloggers
1. What was the first film you saw at the theater?
2. Woody Allen or Mel Brooks?
3. If you could have a composer score a day in your life who would it be?
4. Whats the most annoying experience youve had at the movies?
5. Name a single image from a film that has stayed with you.
6. Do you collect DVDs/Blu Ray? If so how many do you have right now?
7. If you could take only one film to a desert island what would it be?
8. Who is your favorite director?
9. How many films do you watch per week?
10. If you could be an 80s action film hero, who would it be?
11. Name 5 films with a color in the title that you are a fan of.
11 Blogs That I’m A Fan of